The mission of the Lincoln Theatre Association is to serve as the steward of the historic landmark theatre, as an incubator for talented, emerging artists in our community, as a presenter of the highest quality artists from around the world, and as a creative partner that is an economic catalyst for the revitalization of the King-Lincoln District and downtown Columbus.
The Lincoln Theatre, originally named the Ogden Theatre and Ballroom, oficially opened on Thanksgiving Day 1928.
From the 1930s – 1960s, the King-Lincoln District became one of the most popular venues in the country for live jazz.
Saved by completion of mandatory repairs in 1992, the Lincoln was officially added to the National Register of Historic Places.
The Lincoln Theatre reopened in May 2009 as Columbus’ only urban performing arts and education center.
First opened in 1928, the Lincoln Theatre is a landmark in African-American and jazz history. Having undergone a $13.5 million renovation in 2009, funded by a partnership of public and private support, the Lincoln is a multi-use, state-of-the-art performing arts and education center, providing a bustling hub of activity 365 days a year with performances, rehearsals, and classes, as well as a wide variety of community events such as film festivals, meetings, and receptions.